Meet Dr. Jim Stork of Stork Orthodontics
West Des Moines, Iowa’s Favorite Orthodontist For Braces
West Des Moines, IA orthodontist, Dr. James T. Stork is devoted to creating your sensational Stork Smile! Deciding to become an orthodontist was an easy career choice. Before college, Dr. Stork used his high school graduation money so that he could get braces to straighten his teeth. Dr. Stork loved his experience at the orthodontist and the confidence his new smile gave him. At that point he knew he had to become an orthodontist to change lives by providing sensational smiles while building relationships that last a lifetime.
Dr. Stork received his Bachelor of Science degree at Northern Illinois University. He then graduated as the valedictorian of his dental school class from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Dr. Stork was then honored to be the only dentist accepted to the world-renowned Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota from nearly 100 applicants, in 2008 for his three years of orthodontic training.
Dr. Stork always loves to have fun and enjoy life to the fullest. When he is not singing for his patients and creating sensational Stork Smiles, Dr. Stork is excited to try new things! Dr. Stork has been indoor skydiving, rock-climbing and bungee jumping. He has also participated in Fear Factor at Universal Studios, volunteered on a dental mission trip to a remote area in Mexico and serves in church weekend retreats.
Dr. Stork loves movies, reading, working out, biking, volleyball, snowboarding, traveling, learning new things and spending time with family and friends.
Continuing to learn the latest orthodontic techniques, as well as grow personally is extremely important to Dr. Stork. He continually exceeds the state’s minimum continuing education requirements. Even during his orthodontic training he spent an additional 420 hours doing extra training and traveling that was not required. He is committed to making your orthodontic experience exceptional by delivering sensational smiles in a fun atmosphere while offering the latest in technology and the most advanced treatment techniques.
Professionally, he is involved with the following organizations:
- American Association of Orthodontics
- Iowa Society of Orthodontics
- Midwest Society of Orthodontics
- Des Moines Orthodontic Society
Dr. Stork’s Academic Awards
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Dental Society – admission and membership being limited to those dental students who have distinguished themselves by excellence in scholarship, while demonstrating exemplary traits of character and potential qualities for future professional growth and attainments; membership voted by dental faculty
- Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity Award – In recognition of highest rank in graduating class
- James R. Havera Scholarship – In honor for top ranking graduating student
- DeltaSigma Delta Award – In recognition of highest academic achievement
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dental Student Award – In honor of exemplary aptitude and achievement in the field of Oral Surgery
- American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry Student Award of Merit – For outstanding achievement in the pursuit of excellence in the undergraduate study of Esthetic Dentistry
- Bisco Inc. Award – In recognition of excellence in preventative and restorative care of the patient using adhesive bonding, esthetic restorative materials in adult care
- Health Professional Student Council Travel Award Recipient – For dental mission trip to Mexico
- Chicago Dental Society Scholarship Recipient
- Illinois State Dental Society Junior Recipient of the Paul W. Clopper Memorial Scholarship Grant
START YOUR BEST SMILE JOURNEY!
Dr. Stork understands the importance of a smile you can share with confidence. Additionally, he wants you to feel confident with your decision for your journey to your best smile ever. Here are a few ways to get started:
- Instantly Download Dr. Stork’s free report: Top 10 Things You Should to Know About Choosing An Orthodontist.
- Call 515-608-8830 to schedule you or your child’s Stork Smile Assessment. This first appointment is completely FREE of charge!
- Submit your questions online via our online contact form, or call 515-608-8830.