When Should Your Child See The Orthodontist?
West Des Moines, Iowa’s Favorite Orthodontist For Braces
We understand your concern for your child’s health and confidence. Many parents wonder when their child should visit the orthodontist, when they should have treatment and how long the treatment will last. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that an orthodontist see children as early as age 7. We strongly encourage this practice. Dr. Stork never recommends braces that aren’t needed. We know you need your concerns addressed, which is why we are happy to provide you with our Stork Smile Assessment at absolutely no cost to you.
What Signs Should You Be Looking For?
You may be wondering what indicators your child may be displaying that show they need braces. The following early warning signs usually indicate that your child should have an orthodontic exam:
- Difficulty in chewing or biting
- Breathing through the mouth
- Finger sucking
- Crowded, out of order or blocked-out teeth
- Permanent teeth that are coming in crooked or on top of other teeth
- Jaws that shift or make sounds
- Difficulty with speech
- Biting the cheek or roof of mouth
- Teeth that stick out or cave in
- Teeth that do not meet or meet abnormally
- Facial imbalance
- Grinding or clenching of teeth
- Early, late, or irregular loss of teeth
Download Dr. Stork’s free report, Does Your Child Really Need Braces and schedule your child’s Stork Smile Assessment! It’s completely free, give yourself the peace of mind you need!
Start Your Best Smile Journey!
Dr. Stork understands the importance of a smile you can share with confidence. Additionally, he wants you to feel confident with your decision for your journey to your best smile ever. Here are a few ways to get started:
- Instantly Download Dr. Stork’s free report: Top 10 Things You Should to Know About Choosing An Orthodontist.
- Call 515-225-4310 to schedule you or your child’s Stork Smile Assessment. This first appointment is completely FREE of charge!
- Submit your questions online via our online contact form, or call 515-225-4310.