Valentine’s Day, like Halloween, can prove to be an extra challenge for a lover of sweets wearing braces. Before these scents can even captivate, much resistance is overcome in the visual department. If a treat looks fun and delicious, chances are your loved one won’t feel they’re missing out on anything. An indulgence that’s healthy and easy on teeth and braces won’t have them turning their nose up. Dr. Stork and his orthodontics office near Ankeny, IA plans on getting you to the heart of the matter here, and in some cases the heart of the batter.
The Shape Of Your Heart: Whip up a breakfast, lunch or dessert that’s both heartfelt and safe for your orthodontic treatment. A heart-shaped cookie cutter is the ultimate treat weapon to create:
- heart-shaped brownies or donuts
- heart-shaped watermelon with orange arrows
- heart-shaped sandwiches, toast or grilled cheese
- heart-shaped eggs, pancakes, waffles or French toast
Good For You & Safe For Your Braces: Looking for healthy sweet treats? Try these instead.
- strawberry love muffins with Greek yogurt and whole wheat flour
- Vanilla crepes with berries and cream cheese or yogurt topping
- Love potion smoothie with berries and Greek yogurt
- ‘I love you berry much’ fruit salad or melon pops
- Fruit baskets or chocolate dipped fruits from your local West Des Moines or Ankeny Edible Arrangements
- Iowa gift baskets from Heart of Iowa Marketplace in West Des Moines
Delectable and Delicious: Looking for something on the more sinful side for you and your sweetheart but still safe for your braces? Try one of these tasty dessert ideas:
- Red velvet cupcakes or sandwich cakes with cream cheese filling
- Eros peanut butter cups
- frozen hot chocolate or cappuccino at your local West Des Moines or Ankeny, IA cafe
- Cupid cake pops
Food safe for braces, like pasta dishes, tenderly cooked meats and steamed vegetables can be enjoyed as part of a romantic dinner at one of Des Moines’ many fine Italian restaurants. If you’re looking for a food-free option, a comedy club, theatre or night club may be more your speed. A night of laughing or dancing can be fun and memorable, without the concern of orthodontic treatment. Or surprise your sweetie with a handwritten poem or song, or a photo book of your favorite times together, a gift to forever cherish.
With so many ways to celebrate this amorous day, you never have to worry about braces getting in the way. If Invisalign is the orthodontics you chose, remember there’s nothing you can’t enjoy. From Dr. Stork and his orthodontics office near Ankeny, IA, here’s to a brace-safe, delicious and overall enjoyable Valentine’s Day for you and your sweetheart.
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Specializing In Braces & Orthodontics Near Ankeny, Iowa (IA)
Dr. Stork, an orthodontist near Ankeny, Iowa (IA) offers the most advanced braces for teens, including Invisalign Teen. Contact us today for a complimentary consultation for Invisalign at our West Des Moines, Iowa (IA) orthodontics office.
Orthodontics Office Near Ankeny, IA For Braces
4090 Westown Pkwy, Suite 101
West Des Moines, IA 50266